Friday, December 12, 2008

Topic For Today is: Drugs, Drink and BDSM

The saying used to go: "Sex Drugs and Rock-n-Roll. Many of us come from a time and place that "lived" that saying. Some of us live in that head space even now. I do not wish to spoil the party, I like to have fun. I also like the feelings or reckless abandon and freedom from self. Not many people do not want to "get down" and party.

Being in the lifestyle has afforded me many different views and opinions on the subject of drugs. I have seen people using drugs in the dungeons that they frequent, I have seen people taking drugs before go to the play parties. Some say it helps them with their inhibitions. Others will say I can "take" more pain when I have taken something to numb myself up. All of these thoughts are valid and real. After all we are going to "let our hair down" and "kick it". Right?

Conventional wisdom tells us that we should not mix BDSM with drinking or drugging. I agree with these ideas. The reality is quite the opposite. The facts are, many BDSM Players play under some kind of mood altering substances.

Now..... I know you know that this is dangerous, and it is. Drugs take away our boundaries, and our judgment. Drugs change our perceptions, our moods, and even our personalities.
SO GET REAL AND DON'T LIE TO YOURSELF! DRUGS AND BDSM DON'T MIX!

As a counselor I know that these thoughts may fall on deaf ears, but have you ever thought of the ramifications to the lifestyle, if a tragedy occurs, while someone is on drugs or someone who has drank to much?


Think about it. National Television, News Papers and the Government would legislate laws against our beloved lifestyle. If the lifestyle survived in the open, we would all be under close scrutiny and we might have to do Urine testing to play at a local club. I ask again: IS IT WORTH IT! I know we all want to have fun. But... in this case especially: Does the "One" have the right to take away from the many? I hope your play is sober happy and fun. Have a great weekend. M.K.

Play safe:
Please refer any serious emotional problems and issues to a professional in person.
This is a M.K. production 2008c
We encourage comments and questions, you shall be anonymous.

No comments: